This recipe takes a good source of fiber and protein and turns it into a delicious snack. Chickpeas are a great source of folate and a good source of many other minerals, such as phosphorus, iron, and zinc. This snack is savory, filling, and extremely easy to recreate.
1 15-ounce can of chickpeas/garbanzo beans
2 TB. olive oil
¼ tsp. salt
2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. garlic powder
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
½ tsp Cavender’s salt free Greek seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Drain and rinse the entire can of chickpeas.
- Transfer the chickpeas to a small bowl.
- Pour the olive oil over the chickpeas and toss lightly.
- Measure out the salt, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper and Greek seasoning in a separate small bowl and mix together.
- Sprinkle the spices over the chickpeas and toss to evenly to distribute.
- On a baking sheet, spread out the seasoned chickpeas.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring half way through. The chickpeas should be browned and slightly firm.
- Let the them cool for 10 minutes before snacking.