Once you have the chicken marinating, this dish can be done and ready to eat in 20 minutes. Yes, 20 minutes– I’ve got time for that!
Cheers to easy, healthy dinners.
Ingredients and Directions:
4, 4-ounce chicken breasts
1 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. onion powder
2 TB. olive oil or other mild tasting oil
1 tsp. cumin
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
½ cup salsa of your choice
- Combine the garlic powder, onion powder, olive oil, cumin, and cayenne pepper in a large plastic bag.
- Trim and rinse each chicken breast and add to the plastic bag.
- Shake to evenly coat the chicken with the spices.
- Marinate for 2-6 hours.
- Once the chicken is finished marinating, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the chicken on a baking sheet and cover evenly with the salsa.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature of all pieces of chicken reaches 165 degrees F. Be sure to flip the chicken half way through the cooking process.
1 cup brown rice
1/3 cup lime juice
1 2/3 cup water
- Prepare the brown rice by adding the lime juice and water to a medium saucepan.
- Once the mixture is boiling, reduce to medium heat and add the brown rice.
- Cook for about 20 minutes or until the rice is soft and chewy.
2 red bell peppers, halved and sliced
1 green bell pepper, halved and sliced
1 medium red onion, halved and sliced
2 cloves of garlic, sliced
3 TB. olive oil
sprinkle of black pepper
- Prepare all of the peppers by washing and cutting.
- Cut the onion and garlic.
- Spread on a baking sheet so every ingredient is flat and not touching any others.
- Evenly pour the olive oil over the peppers, onions and garlic and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Place in the oven at the same time as the chicken and cook for 25-30 minutes.